Professor Bruno G. POLLET BSc (Hons) MSc PhD AHEA MRSSAf FRSC
An international Research Leader with a reputation for research in Electrochemical Engineering, Electrochemical Energy Conversion, Energy Materials and Sono-electrochemistry (Power Ultrasound in Chemistry) from the development of novel materials (hydrogen storage & fuel cell), hydrogen fuel cell to water treatment/disinfection demonstrators & prototypes (Combined Heat & Power, Portable and Vehicles).
Scopus h-index = 31; Google Scholar h-index = 36 ; # of publications (inc. books, chapters etc) > 220; # of citations > 4,000
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry (UK)
- Member of the Board of Directors of the International Association for Hydrogen Energy (IAHE)
- Member of the EERA JP FC&H2 Steering Committee
- Member of the Electrochemical Society (USA)
- Member of the European Society of Sonochemistry
- Series Editor of Elsevier (AP) Hydrogen and Fuel Cells Primers
- Series Co-Editor of Springerbriefs in Molecular Science: Ultrasound and Sonochemistry
- Editorial Board members of: Electrocatalysis (Springer), International Journal of Energy Research (Wiley), International Journal of Hydrogen Energy (Elsevier), Renewables: Wind, Water and Solar (Elsevier), Ultrasonics Sonochemistry (Elsevier), Molecules (MDPI), Advances in Chemical Research (Lidsen)
- Executive Editor of ULTRASONICS – SONOCHEMISTRY
- International Collaborator of the Ni Electro Can project (Canada)
- Visiting Professor in Hydrogen Safety Engineering and Research Centre (HySAFER), Ulster University (UK)
- Committee Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry Applied Catalysis Group (UK)
- Member of the Royal Society of Chemistry Electrochemistry Group (UK)
- H2FC European Infrastructure Project Advisory & Peer Review Board Member (EU)
- International Advisory Board member of the Australian Association for Hydrogen Energy (AAHE)
- Board Committee Member of the International Academy of Electrochemical Energy Science (IAOEES) (Canada)
- Advisory Committee member of the Standardised Fuel Cell Network (SFCN) (Canada)
- Co-founder and Board of Directors of the South African Hydrogen Association (RSA)
- Member of the Royal Society of South Africa (RSA)
Bruno G. Pollet is full Professor of Renewable Energy at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) in Trondheim. He was also Visiting Professors at the University of Ulster, Professor Molkov’s HySAFER (UK) and at the University of Yamanashi, Professor Watanabe’s labs (Japan). His research covers a wide range of areas in Electrochemical Engineering, Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Sono-electrochemistry (Power Ultrasound in Electrochemistry) from the development of novel materials, hydrogen fuel cell to water treatment/disinfection demonstrators & prototypes. He was a full Professor of Energy Materials and Systems at the University of the Western Cape (South Africa) and R&D Director of the National Hydrogen South Africa (HySA) Systems Competence Centre. He was also a co-founder and an Associate Director of the University of Birmingham Centre for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Research (UK). He has worked for Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells Ltd (UK) and other various industries worldwide as Technical Account Manager, Project Manager, Research Manager, R&D Director, Head of R&D and Chief Technology Officer. He was awarded a Baccalauréat série C (Grenoble, France), a Diploma in Chemistry and Material Sciences from the Université Joseph Fourier (Grenoble, France), a BSc (Hons) in Applied Chemistry from Coventry University (UK) and an MSc in Analytical Chemistry from The University of Aberdeen (UK). He also gained his PhD in Physical Chemistry in the field of Electrochemistry and Sonochemistry under the supervision of Professors J. Phil Lorimer & T.J. Mason at the Sonochemistry Centre of Excellence, Coventry University. He undertook his PostDoc in Electrocatalysis at the Liverpool University Electrochemistry group led by Professor David J. Schiffrin. Bruno has published many scientific publications, articles, book chapters and books in the field of Sonoelectrochemistry, Fuel Cells, Electrocatalysis and Electrochemical Engineering (over 230 publications so far). Bruno is member of RSC, IAHE, RSSAf, SAHA, SCI and member of editorial board journals (International Journal of Hydrogen Energy/Electrocatalysis/Ultrasonics Sonochemistry/Renewables-Wind, Water and Solar/etc). He is also fluent in French and Spanish.
Bruno lives in Norway with his wife Emma and his child Hugo. In his spare time, his interests include reading and writing Scientific & Engineering papers, wine & food tasting, cycling, skiing, football, gym, pétanque, travelling and listening to soul/house/dance/jazz/classical music.